Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Signs!

                 This week I've been slowly working on this piece I told you about last week.


Then it became this.....


                                            and then I didn't like some of it so it became this


I'm still working on it. This one is slow because of all the details, plus I have slowed down in my  productions since we moved back here to the desert. My kiddo is feeling better and is spending alot of time with friends, which means I am too. I figure that he will soon be moving on and doing his own thing so for now I'm not going to worry about how much I can paint, I'm going to really enjoy him and his friends. I am still painting! don't worry! For me it's like breathing, I must paint! Just a little slower for a little while.

I painted this little painting as well. Our son has serious breathing problems and perfumes/fragrances will make him sick and sometimes make him stop breathing.

   

A few people on facebook and google+ said hey! I want one of those! so it gave me an idea! We have a porch that covers the front door which will protect it from the elements. However, for anyone else I'll be painting this for I want to make sure it won't get damaged from rain or snow or whatever, which means for the next couple of weeks I'm going to search for some wood I can reclaim to create a sign with. I used to paint on wood all of the time because it's what I could get my hands on. In fact when I started painting on canvas it took a long time for me to get used to it! I might begin to add a few signs to my etsy shop! We'll just have to see!

My inspiration this week is....... Nancy's Voice

This is the link to the shop on etsy

https://www.etsy.com/shop/NancysVoice#

This shop is there for the sole purpose of supporting anyone who is dealing with domestic violence. It's run by Nancy's daughter and her story really is heart rending. She lost her mom Nancy to domestic violence and now speaks out and I believe the more we talk about it the more likely we can help anyone who is trapped in a cycle of domestic violence.   Thankyou for speaking out!


                                                           Have a really great week everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this wonderful honor Stacy! We appreciate it more than you know!

    Kelly ~ Nancy's Voice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would buy the welcome sign!! Cool!

    ReplyDelete