Tuesday, October 29, 2013

I get distracted so easily!

I hope everyone had a wonderful week! I was super busy trying to catch up after our little road trip. I got distracted with a couple of projects. Then I got sick, ooops! I've struggled with Chronic Fatigue syndrome for quite a few years and once in awhile I crash, and well, I crashed! so I haven't done much with painting at all. Time to rest up and recover so I can paint again soon! In the meantime here's one of the projects that distracted me!

I found this bench at the local good will for $29! I knew exactly what I wanted to do!


I began with dark brown paint.


Here's another angle.


Then I began layering it with thinned white paint. It took four layers.


In between each layer I sanded and scuffed it where it had originally been scuffed and
this is the finished project!


Another angle.



I'm sure you noticed that our bed is currently on the floor. I have a whole other project planned for that! but, I must have patience!

My inspiration this week isn't a person or animal. It's the places I've been. Everywhere I go I see things that I could put onto my canvas into my silly little world.  When I paint I don't copy pictures I've taken, but there's a  snapshot that stays in my head. Sometimes I forget that snapshot and am reminded of the idea I had when I go over some of my photos I've taken over the years so I thought I would share with you some of the things I've seen.

Folly Beach South Carolina

Smoky Mountains Tennessee

Albuquerque New Mexico

Sullivans Island south Carolina

The Grand Canyon Arizona

Baltimore Maryland

Washington D.C.

Blairsville Georgia

And, so many more...... I am grateful for my travels. I'll try to include some pics of our travels in this blog as I post every week!  

I wish for everyone to have a lovely week ahead!










No comments:

Post a Comment