Monday, May 27, 2013

Rosewood Arts Festival


It's official! I am terribly excited to say that I have been officially accepted to be a part of the Rosewood Arts Festival in Columbia SC. It will be held on September 28,2013. I am so happy about this since this will be the first art show for me and  I had made it a goal to show my art in person this year. As you know I have not been very brave at showing my artwork in person and that is why Etsy, Facebook and Google+  was such a good place for me to start out. Now, I have had about a year and a half of experience behind me. I've been able to meet so many wonderful artists thru the aforementioned venues and have learned from how they manage the business end of the artist world.

"Misty Moonrise Way"

The above piece has been chosen by the art festival to have on their brochure along with several other artists pieces. I feel very humbled to be on the same page with such talented people!

"Love Weathers Everything"

I am looking forward to the experience of being in a festival, watching the other artists, seeing their work up close and seeing how people respond to my art as well. Whether I sell things or not is not what is most important to me in this festival. (Although it would be nice) I am hoping to learn and grow as an artist through this experience.

"Jungle Adventure"

In the meantime I have so many ideas that I want to get onto canvas! I have also decided to paint my own sign instead of purchasing one! We will see how that project goes. I will share pictures of it as I progress.If you are near Columbia SC perhaps I will see you at the Rosewood Arts Festival on September 28! You can stop by and we will have a visit into my whimsical little world!


   

No comments:

Post a Comment