Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Oklahoma

I wanted to take a minute today to say how much my heart is with those who are enduring thru the terrible aftermath of such a large storm in Oklahoma. I have relatives in Oklahoma and I drive thru the state often. It inspires many of my art pieces. I am always so impressed by peoples resiliency and how we continue on, inspite of great hardships. I know that these strong people will recover and come back even stronger but right now they are hurting. I am so sorry for their pain.

      Last year when I drove thru Oklahoma I was inspired to paint the piece below.


There are so many wonderful rescue workers helping, there are supplies headed out, and money being donated.  I hope for everyone involved in this to be successful and those who have been affected by the storm, that their trauma can be reduced.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice piece of art! It is very hard to recover from such a storm. We had a hurricane in 2004 that drowned my house and I still have my moments. It was nice how our community came together after that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeanice,
      I am so sorry you went thru that. Which storm was that one? I can completely understand, I live thru Hurricane Andrew in 1992 and our home was lost to the storm(we were just renting but it was still our home) and the aftermath was intense. I am uncomfortable living too close to the coast without a way out! We always have a plan to take off. Thanks for the compliment on the art piece!

      Delete