Monday, May 20, 2013

Creativity

"For Allen"

It's been a super busy week around the art studio this week! Most of it, has not been in the studio itself. Oh well, sometimes you just have to stop and have a little fun!
I managed to get the above piece painted in between everything else this week. It's headed all the way to the U.K.! I find it very exciting when I get to ship one of my paintings overseas. 

This week I got to spend a few days with my precious nephews. They keep growing up behind my back so any time I get to spend with them is awesome. We watched The Avengers and played alot. Then it was back to the easel and I started this next piece. It has a long way to go. I have something in my head for it but I never like to giveaway what I'm thinking in case it doesn't end up that way.

no name yet

I always start a project with a general idea in my head but it never ends up exactly the way I had planned it. I used to get frustrated with that until I realized it's more fun to just go with the flow. Sometimes even tho the piece ended up completely different than I planned I like it better! Then I can try what was in my head over again and get a completely different piece. That's what is so fun about creativity, the more you let it go the more fun it is and the better your work gets.  
   
We went to the new star trek movie in 3d on Sunday and it was so much fun. It's a great example of creativity. These are movies that have been done before and I am a true fan of the originals but what I find so refreshing about this new series is that it is sort of the same story but with some really cool twists. That's what I feel is really good creativity.

I did this piece as a nod to the Jimmy Buffet lifestyle. I lived in Key West for a few years in the late 80's and always found the colors to be amazing. Mangrove trees are so very interesting. They basically create an island themselves. I always thought they were fascinating. I hope everyone has a flip flop worthy week!

"It's Five O'Clock Somewhere"
available at www.stacysartstudio.etsy.com





No comments:

Post a Comment