Monday, May 6, 2013

My Studio

It looks like Fluffy the king of the universe over here is trying to help out in the studio again. I do love his assistance, until he walks thru the paint and decorates the rest of the place.(like the couch) Oh well, the things you live with when you love someone!

I am sure that you've noticed that my studio space seems a tad small! If you follow my other blog you know that we currently live in a camper(we jokingly refer to as the tardis!)in order to provide a safe environment for our sons health.

At first when we decided to live this way I was quite overwhelmed with how I was going to be able to continue painting in such a small space. After rearranging multiple times I finally came up with this space that works for me. I can't work on very large pieces here so I sometimes work on large pieces at my moms when I go to visit her. This is the large piece that I finished last week. It is 36x48. I was inspired to paint this when I walked the beach with my hubby on the blue moon. I've actually been working on this since the last blue moon which if I recall correctly  was in August.

"Misty Moonlit Way" 36x48 www.stacysartstudio.etsy.com

I dream of having a studio space that is large and I wouldn't care about Fluffy walking thru the paint because I would have paint on the floor anyway! However, if we wait until we have the right space to work in we may never get to create. My desire to create is greater than the space that I work in so I paint within the space I have. I think it is the same as with anything. Wasting time waiting for the right space is a terrible thing! I say never give up on your art and keep working for it. Sometimes you will be surprised at what you can accomplish.

"Freedom" sold

In the painting above I decided to paint just one tree instead of two together. It is a playful painting and so I felt the placing of this one tree that has bent over from the wind, creating a perfect spot to hang a rope swing, was what I wanted! I painted leaves on the end of the branches which helps us to see how the wind has shaped it. This painting comes from a place in North New Mexico. I used to travel there quite often, it is where it begins to meet up with Colorado, the foothills begin and you begin to see Aspen trees. The wind still blows strong there and so once in awhile you will come across a tree bent from the wind. It is also greener up there. I did take artistic license and made it a tad greener than it normally is, but that is how I see it in my head!  As with all of my paintings, they come from a certain place but are the fantasy version that lives in my head!

May you have a moment swinging in your bare feet, watching your best friend graze in freedom!

Fluffy trying to help again!







No comments:

Post a Comment