Monday, April 1, 2013

The Freedom of Painting!

I hope that you have had a really great week! Here is the painting from last week all finished!
The latest news is that I am now on www.fineartamerica.com You can get prints and cards there from a few of my paintings. I only sell prints of paintings until the original sells. Once it sells I retire the piece so that no more prints can be made of it. I am working on a few paintings that I will just use for prints. That is yet another project in the future!

"Lace" 11x14x1 available at www.stacysartstudi.etsy.com

I had the chance to look thru old pictures at my moms this week and came across pictures of the first mural that I painted for my son! I thought I would share them with you.

What do you enjoy about painting so much? I wonder that each time I see a piece from another artist I admire so.  For me it is the feeling of creating a little world that doesn't exist accept in my head. I get lost when I am painting and nothing that worries me can get in while I am painting.

If you have been following my other blog, www.chemicalfreeliving.blogspot.com you know that my son got leukemia when he was little. Whenever he was resting I would paint a little. Every time my husband would come home to me painting he would ask, "What's wrong?" He knew that painting is what I did when things got overwhelming. The reason is, that when I paint I get lost into the little world I am painting, I wish for everyone to have an outlet that works that way for them!  

                                               Here is the first mural I ever painted!



What I remember about this mural is not how I did this or that, but how I loved doing it! The other thing I remember is how much my son loved it. From that point on if I painted it was for children because I loved how honestly appreciative children are. I later did two large murals for the school my son went to and it was so much fun everyday to go in and paint because the kids would walk by and comment. Sometimes they would make suggestions. Some were pretty funny and some were pretty out there! There were suggestions of ...how about a crocodile eating a pig?, or how about an alien?, or a snake strangling something!  When I find pictures of that mural I will post them.  

This is the piece I am working on this week. Lets see what it turns into by next week!

Come on by and visit me! at www.fineartamerica.com or www.stacysartstudio.etsy.com


2 comments:

  1. Stacy, your paintings are really beautiful! I'm looking forward to seeing the new one completed :).
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Julie! I'm working on it right now!

    ReplyDelete