Monday, April 15, 2013

Sailing!

 How do you decide on names for your paintings? Sometimes I find it easy to name something and then other times it isn't so easy! I decided on "Sailing" for this ACEO. An ACEO is basically a very small painting! Most of them are 4x5 or so. This one is 4x4x2. Most paintings tell a story, some are to be interpreted by the viewer and some artists have a definite point of view they are trying to convey.

"Sailing"

I usually have a story or a feeling for a painting that I want to put on the canvas. Sometimes the story is very clear to me before I paint and other times I have a feeling I am painting with so I create the story after the painting is done.

"Sailing"

"Sailing down the coast coming round a bend and off in the distance you see an unusual tree. It looks to be a welcoming beach, shall we dock to see what we can see? Look there! a small light glowing, oh! we must go to explore! 

Have a happy exploring day! You never know what wonders may await!"

This week i rearranged my tiny studio space. The space I work in is very important to my creative flow. We recently moved into a small space in order to help our sons health issues and finding my creativity has been a little challenging. After I rearranged again, I had a huge rush of creativity! I sat down and painted for several days!
Here is the new space.

 Stacys Art Studio!

This is the piece I worked on!

"Embrace"





"Embrace"

A moment in time between two lovers. Who are they? Are they starcrossed? Are they from different times, different places? We'll never know for it is their private moment to be treasured in their hearts and carried with them wherever they may go.

Have a romantic moment in time!
Sincerely,
Stacy




2 comments:

  1. hey,,how much u get for paintings? I like the one with no name yet,,mountains and moon,,its cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! thanks! You can find my paintings at www.stacysartstudio.etsy.com It's hard for me to say what I get for my paintings since each have a different price so you can look thru the site and see the average price range. The no name one is 18x24 so it will be around 98.00 There is quite a bit more to do on it so you may not like it when its done!:)

      Delete