Saturday, December 26, 2015

Hot Springs and Get Aways


I truly love this place! It's Ojo Caliente hot springs. There are many hot springs in New Mexico and Colorado, while I love all the hot springs, Ojo Caliente is different. These hot springs don't have any sulfur in them. Each pool has a different mineral that has health benefits. There are arsenic, lithium, iron and soda pools. I enjoy each of them but find that the arsenic pools relieve all of my pain. I have severe damage in my right ankle that causes me a variety in intensity of pain on a daily basis but once I get into that hot spring, it just disappears! I also have fibro myalgia and it is amazing how these pools reduce that pain as well.
There is a peaceful tranquil environment there as well. We prefer going in the winter, there are fires in all the kiva fireplaces inside and out. They keep warm hot chocolate here in the lobby. There's great fire in the fire pit at night and they serve steaming hot freshly brewed apple cider.


There is a fantastic restaurant ( the interior has a lovely fireplace too)


This is one of the cute little cottages you can stay at. Topped off with a lovely chili ristra hanging on the wall. 


The beams in the lobby are truly impressive.



I think that Ojo Caliente shows off the best of New Mexico









Then on our way home we took a little side route and went thru Los Alamos New Mexico.
This is what I found most entertaining about Los Alamos.....You can get news from Mars right out on the sidewalk on main street. So...if you're ever curious just stop on main street!

Oh but the views.... on the way



Looking toward Los Alamos (and my cute hubbies back)



These are looking back towards Santa Fe.




One last breathtaking view...




That was our trip this time, I hope you enjoyed the pics! If you ever get the chance to stop by Ojo Caliente you really should!

                                                       Have a great week out there!


No comments:

Post a Comment