Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Blogging



I believe this Irish proverb to be very true! Many times it's all you need to get on with life.

It's coming up to the end of another year! I find it beneficial to take a moment to reflect on the past year, what we've done and then what we need to do. Right now my etsy shop is on vacation mode to accomplish just that. As an artist, sometimes I find, that the running of the business starts to inhibit my creative process. In the past, the more stressed I was, the more I painted, but over time I've found so much joy while painting that I'm spending less and less time painting during times of stress. The reason for this, I think, is that I want to put happy into my paintings.  As a result, I've found other things to do when I'm stressed. Recently, I've picked up knitting! I really find it soothing, so.... we have two new blankets, my sister (and her dog!) have scarves and I almost have a scarf for myself!


One cannot avoid stress in our lives. We can, however do a lot to avoid creating more stress for ourselves and we can find ways to manage it. Everyone has different things that help them to do that. For now knitting is great for me! In the meantime I'm looking at how and why I paint differently and I really like the result that ends up on the canvas.   

This year has been another difficult one, I always feel bad when I say that because it sounds a little ungrateful as we have had much worse years in the past. However, we spent a great deal of time in Dr.s offices with our kiddo for new health problems that have appeared for him. We are slowly finding ways for him to manage these issues and he has found some relief for the pain he has been in, this has taken up most of our year. Also my hubby gave me a scare and was in a bad car accident. He ended up with a concussion and has recovered from that. Then leastly of all things our camper the beloved Tardis was stolen. Now, one could look at this as a frustrating year of difficult things, we do not. Our son turned 20 this year, we didn't think he would survive past 6 and he turned 20 this year. He can't breath chemical things so he can't go out much but he is doing graphic design from home, we've found a fantastic farm nearby who delivers organic groceries.(Skarsgard farms of New Mexico)  He has good, wonderful, incredible friends who love him and include him in their lives. He was in alot of pain but we found things to reduce his pain. He has a really good support system in place and he is becoming a successful happy adult. There is nothing more a parent could want. Hubby was in a bad accident but all that was lost, was a car and we have insurance for that. The camper was stolen, but no one tried to break into our home and hurt us, once again it's just a material thing and we have insurance for that as well. 

       
Many times our road is not smooth and straight  but it has been more interesting that way. It's true these things do cause stress and none of them could have been avoided so we find ways to manage the stress, like knitting! and humor! Humor is very helpful!


(My humor may be a little strange.....I'll admit)

One of the things I would like to change from this last year is to pick up writing my blog regularly. I'm not sure how most bloggers can blog like they do! I can't keep up that pace but I would like to be able to post something once a week. I'm starting today, because today is the best day to start to make a change in anything you would like to do! I think that along with paintings I will be doing I will also have some fun projects I can share with you and hopefully brighten your day! 

Today starts the rest of your life! Have a great one out there!  


No comments:

Post a Comment