Monday, July 22, 2013

Shhh, it's Still a Secret

I finished it! Hurray! This is the one that I mentioned a couple of weeks ago. It is still a secret tho.

However, I can tell you that the name of this piece is "Strength" It's for a very good friend and as soon as it's in this persons hands I will tell you more about it. In the meantime, perhaps you can guess what the meaning might be behind this painting? It will be a fun game. Right now it is curing, waiting to be sent to its rightful home.


My son has health problems and I have been very focused on that of late. My blog may have  a few delays in the next few weeks. I will try to keep everyone apprised of what is going on as soon as I know what is going on. I love art and live to paint but my whole heart belongs to my boy. His health concerns have the highest priority in my life. For now painting is on the back burner and like an old friend it will be waiting when things settle down a bit.

My inspiration this week is....... Vibrant Clay and Jewelry!  Here is a link to their facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/vibrantclayandjewelry?fref=pb&hc_location=profile_browser

She makes the most adorable clay horses! She will make a horse who looks like your real one! Just show her a picture or like in my case I had to describe my friend because I didn't have a picture. It had been so long ago(back when I didn't have a camera)   Here is the one she did for me!

This is Rooster. He was a very precious friend of mine. In fact I wrote a childrens book all about him. It started out as stories I would tell children when I was a trail guide. Many children were very frightened to be on a horse and I would tell stories about my silly friend Rooster. It helped them see horses as friends instead of something to be afraid of. Then once I had my son, I told him the stories almost every bedtime. I eventually put it down on paper and am now working on the art for the book and my son who was a baby when I began telling him these stories is doing the I.T. for it. Perhaps one day it will become a real book! In the meantime I am so happy to have a little clay representation of my wonderful old friend!  

My hope for everyone this week is that they have a lovely one! Go out and give whoever you love a great big hug. It will make your week so much better, I promise!  

No comments:

Post a Comment