Monday, July 1, 2013

Putting Love Onto the Canvas


Once in awhile I take a break from painting for my studio. I of course, desire to sell my work since I would love to accomplish the goal of supporting myself thru my art pieces. Oh, the joy that would be! With patience and hard work that may one day come true for me, who knows?! However, while I always put love onto my canvasses, I find it helpful to begin a piece or two that I have decided to give to a friend. Here's a piece I began this week. It will be a wedding gift for a friends daughter who is soon to be married. 

unfinished/gift

Sometimes it's good for me to think of the person who I am painting for and for some odd reason it improves my skills.  I cannot explain it but after I have painted a canvas or two as a gift I am re-inspired to paint new pieces with more confidence in my style for the art studio. Then when someone buys a piece and it makes them happy, it makes me very happy. I feel fulfilled in my work and really who could ask for anymore than that?

Now, I wanted to tell you about another artist that inspires me. This week I have chosen the artist Cody Hooper. Here's his facebook link so that you can see his amazing pieces of art. From there you can find the galleries his pieces are available in.


He is an abstract artist. I find his pieces to be moving and incredibly beautiful. He's from one of my old home states New Mexico, where you will find many amazing artists. He certainly is one of them! Thankyou for the inspiration Cody Hooper!     
    

No comments:

Post a Comment