Monday, July 8, 2013

Pictures of Pictures

Last week I showed the partially completed painting I was doing for a friends daughters wedding and this week I finished it! Here are two different pictures of the painting. I wanted to show you how different it can look in different locations and the frustrations I have over photographing my paintings. It's really difficult to get an actually accurate photo!  Here it is in the sunshine... 
 
"Wuv Twoo Wuv"
In the sun the camera picks up the bright blues of the piece and the white on the tree is correct but it doesn't pick up the depth of the other colors. Here it is inside...



This one shows the difference in colors in the water but it doesn't capture the brightness of the blue color and the white on the tree is slightly off white. Why am I telling you this? Just that I still have not figured out how to photograph my paintings! Some of my paintings I can get an accurate photo of  but these that have this particular mix of colors are the most difficult for me to capture. It's something that I hope one day to conquer! Anyhow, I named this painting. "Wuv Twoo Wuv" because both of our families love quoting from the movie, the princess bride. It will be shipped off sometime this week! I so enjoyed working on something for someone I care about that I decided to go ahead and do a couple more projects that I've wanted to do for a while now. I've decided that the month of July will be dedicated to some personal paintings but I will happily share them with you and be assured that I will be doing more for the etsy store soon after these projects are finished. My new pieces will be influenced by what I learned while working on these that I am doing now. I began this next one. It is very special and very secret right now.

Once it is in the hands of the one it is intended for I will explain it to you! 
Now who inspires me this week? T. Michelle Jacobs the award winning poet inspires me everyday! I love her poetry and short stories. She seems to know how to touch your heart and make you feel like her poems and stories are what you needed at the moment! She is on facebook and this is a link to her amazing book. "The Way" It is a compilation of moving poems and short stories. They are about the struggle of life but not only that. They are about the survival of the struggle and the strength from that struggle. I am sure her poems will inspire you too! 


Here is a link to her facebook page so you can enjoy a poem from her now and again. I know thay always brighten my day!


I hope everyone has a really great week!










1 comment: