Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Snickers has an announcement!

not available
The last few weeks have been quite busy. I picked up the brush and couldn't put it down! I had too many things in my head that just had to get onto canvas. This piece on the right is the pinkest thing I've ever done. It's headed for a baby girls nursery. So very springy and girly don't you think?

Summer has arrived here in our part of the world. It remained cold for sometime, but now it has turned hot, so I believe summer is here to stay. I hope you all have lovely plans for your break from the cold. We have a few things lined up to do.

Here are the pieces that I've finished in the last few weeks. I hope you enjoy all my worlds of late.

                This piece is a part of a 4 piece group that I hope I will be able to complete!

not available

         I love this particular quote so I got the idea to paint it onto one of my mountain scenes...... You can find it in my etsy store.
                                                                     

available at www.stacysartstudio.etsy.com

Lastly I finished this piece. I was a bit frightened to try to add the tea party but it turned out well!

not available

                                         It started out frightening but turned out to be fun!

not available


I'm working on a few more pieces and if you follow me on google+ or facebook you can watch how they move along.  My garden is growing well. It will be a challenge to keep it healthy thru the hot summer months but I'll do my best and share the results with you. I know that next year I will be planting more of the sugar snap peas. They grew well and were just beautiful. They are an early crop so they are almost finished now, since the sun is bearing down on them. Here is a lovely bowl full we will be able to enjoy this evening!


Also we have come to the end of yet another month so I get to add up the results of month 8 in my experiment! Here are the totals once again.

Time spent on making natural products........1 hour and 19 minutes
Time on projects.................................................................none 
Time on the garden..........................................................6 hours
Total time this month.................................7 hours and 19 minutes

Money spent on natural cleaning ingredients........................19.68
Money spent on projects.....................................................none
Money spent on natural hair products................................14.00
Money spent on natural soaps...........................................16.00
Total money spent this month...........................................49.68

That leaves me with a savings of 183.32 for the 8th month of my experiment! Now I bet you've been wondering where all my savings go? Well, for one it goes toward groceries and I was able to purchase a freezer this year! Then hopefully by the end of this year I can begin to actually put some of my savings into a savings account!(doubtful!) Also keep in mind that I don't really have room in the budget for what it would cost if I just bought it outright so I don't actually get to put it into our pockets, however it does help tremendously by making my own natural products. 

This past month I didn't do any projects but I have a couple in mind. I would like to try to build my own shutters for my bedroom and living room windows.Hopefully I can get started on that sometime this summer. I hope to build a shelf unit for all of our books still hanging around in storage!(that might be a winter project)  I'm also looking for some kind of cool cabinet to safely store my many paintings! I have so many more painting ideas floating in my head that there are many canvases yet to come!   

Finally, Snickers has an announcement.


On Friday June 6th I'm going to have another give away! Just watch my Stacys Art Studio facebook page for details! Have a really happy day everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment