Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Art Studio Project!

not available
I hope everyone has had a lovely week!

You probably noticed that there was a little bit there that I wasn't painting. Well, I was working on a project for my art studio! It was very exciting! But, first here's the second piece of a four piece commission I've been working on! I'm pleased to have this one finished and now I'm working on the third one. Of course I'm also working on a few other things at the same time.

I've been working on a new curly tree.... I love curly trees.........



Ok so here is the project I was doing! I've had my art studio things all over my house. In drawers, closets, on top of desks and tables. It was starting to become a bit chaotic like! And as all of you know I don't deal well with chaos! Messy I can deal with, disorganized I'm good but chaos well that's just too much! It began looking like this. 

And that was just one corner of the place, so....I had this idea. I've noticed that there are quite a few old tv cabinets available in used stores lately. Since everyone is buying flat screen tv's they've been getting rid of their cabinets. I thought that one of those could work as a good storage device for canvasses. They have to be stored a certain way to keep them safe and I thought a tv cabinet might be just the thing.....

Then I found this rather large tv cabinet.... for 39.99!


Ok so I have this problem..I get too excited about the project and forget to take a before picture!
I didn't remember to take a picture before I had it torn down and off of the truck.


It had big doors across the front. Since it was very, very, very heavy in order for the kiddo and I to get it off of the truck I had to get up there and tear it down on the truck so that we could get it off without injuring ourselves!
Then we were able to haul it inside.


And of course......it couldn't stay this way so I added lace to the back on the one door I decided to keep on it.


I of course painted it!


I'ts perfect storage.

More storage.



Here it is all finished!



I love it!


This project cost a little more than most of my projects. It started at 39.99 that plus some lace and paint it ended up at about $50.00. It took about 4 hours of work to complete. It's just perfect. It holds all of my canvasses safely, along with sketch books, paperwork, greeting cards, business cards etc. Now I have everything all organized and chaos has left town for now! I will be adding different drawer pulls eventually as well.  I was also working on a costume for comic con but I'll save that for another post!

In the meantime I wish all of you a very happy week! Enjoy some fun in the sun! I'm off to paint some more!

  
  




2 comments:

  1. I think the message I've just posted has disappeared. I was saying that I am amazed by this work on the furniture, this is exactly what I'd love to do on one I have at home, that looks old now... and Wow!! Yo uare amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks jess! I love old furniture and I love painting it too!

      Delete