Monday, June 10, 2013

Detours and Delays!

Detours and delays happen to all of us! We ran into one this week. We live near the coast and we were in the direct path of a tropical storm bringing along with it tornadoes and flash floods. Now, I love my art I truly do but what I love above all else is my family. We chose to be safe and took ourselves out of the path of the storm. Which meant a detour from painting! Oh well. You can be annoyed by a detour or be grateful it's available when it is needed. I choose to be grateful! We are now safely back where we began and I will be at my easel this coming week, back on track! Before we left town I was working on two paintings that have been a bit of a struggle so they have been going slowly. Here is the first one...

unfinished no name yet

You've seen this one before! Yes, I shared this one at the beginning of the process a little bit ago. I sometimes get stuck with aspen trees. I enjoy doing them but they begin to get tedious so I need a break and move to another piece to do something, anything else! I have several more aspens to put into this piece and maybe something else but I haven't made up my mind yet. I've decided to do another piece similar to this with far less aspen trees so that the focus is on the mountains and moon.

The other piece is this one...

unfinished no name yet

This one is coming along pretty well. I have a plan for it but am not sure how it will work so you'll just have to stay tuned to see what happens!

This is the only piece I actually finished this past week! It's my sign for my booth at the Rosewood Arts Festival. So far, I've gathered jewelry, one piece of clothing to wear, and now this sign for the show. I have a little more to gather in order to be ready but I still have a couple of months....:)


 Have a really happy day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment