Monday, March 18, 2013

Murals!




Its Monday again! Time for an update on my projects! The one  below is finished. I finally figured out how to get the right lighting to photograph it! Celebration!

I was rather amazed because it sold as soon as I put it up in my store. I am thrilled to have it sent off to a new home already. When I was working on it my husband asked me where this painting was. I thought that was humorous because he has figured out that each painting I do comes from a place I have been. This one is Montana but I added a horse who was my friend in Georgia, so this is a well traveled piece! If you were wondering where my store is...
www.stacysartstudio.etsy.com




"Freedom"
I'm sure you've noticed that I paint alot of trees that are bent from the wind. That's because out in the west it is common to see trees leaned over in one direction from the constant wind at their backs. Then there will be others who have not bent in the wind because they are a more flexible tree. I find this fascinating so I paint it!

"Anyone Have the Time?"

I actually never picked up a brush to paint artistically until my son was about 2 years old. Up until that time I had only drawn pictures but one night I was feeling restless and slightly distressed so after Avery went to sleep in my bed, I snuck out and found all the house paint I had in the house, then with that paint some house brushes and some kid art brushes I started mixing paint! I started a mural in his bedroom. I fell in love with painting! I painted all night and felt so much better in the morning. On top of that I got the benefit of making my son very happy! He was thrilled with his jungle in his room. I really didn't plan it out at all and when I was finished I realized I had painted plants and trees from almost everywhere I had lived without looking at any pictures. I still didn't try to paint on canvas for many years after that but I would add things to his mural now and then.

"For Jack"
  The painting below is the largest piece I am working on right now. I started it before we moved into a smaller place so it had to be put off for a bit. For now it resides at my folks house and when I visit them I work on it a little at a time. I have really enjoyed working on it. I will be just a bit sad when I finish it!

I haven't decided on a name for this one. I am going to have to think on it a bit! Thankyou for stopping for  a moment to see what is happening in my whimsical world! I hope everyone has a really great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment